The ALF-MUK44N is a 4×4 compact HDMI matrix switcher which is specially designed for cost conscious projects and buyers. It features not only basic functions like cross-point switching and control (IR, RS-232 and IP), but also advanced functions such as auto-downscaling for each HDMI output when it is connected to 1080P display. There is a SPDIF audio breakout for each HDMI output, to provide more audio feeds to a multi-zone audio system.
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 4 HDMI Outputs
- All HDMI inputs and outputs support HDMI with HDR formats, including HDR 10, HLG
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Built-in 4K-1080P downscaling for each HDMI Output; the matrix can downscale 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 to 1080P@60 4:4:4
- 4K downscaling works automatically when the matrix is connected to a 1080P display and can be set to ON/OFF via the API commands
- Each HDMI output has a SPDIF audio breakout and supports formats up to 5CH HBR (High Bit Rate) or 2CH PCM audio
- Supports smart EDID; each input can be assigned to smart EDID mode
- Supports EDID presets, EDID copy, and EDID write
- By default, each input EDID is set as 4K@60 4:4:4 HDR with 5.1CH encoded audio
- Supports audio mute as the four SPDIF outputs can be muted separately by API commands
- Supports upgrading firmware via both micro-USB and web UI (for MCU and web module)
- Rich control options, including RS-232, IR, IP Control and front panel buttons control
|4 x HDMI In, 4 x HDMI Out, 1 x RS-232,
1 x IP Control (RJ45), 4 x SPDIF Out (Digital), 1 x FW (Micro USB), 1 x DC 12V IN
Input/Output Signal Type
|HDMI with 4K@60Hz 4:4:4, HDR 10, HLG &
Dolby Vision, HDCP 2.2
Note: Dolby vision is not supported in down scaler mode.
|800×6008, 1024×7688, 1280×7688, 1280×8008,|
|1366×7688, 1440×9008, 1600×9008,|
Input/Output Resolution Supported
|1600×12008, 1680×10508,1920×12008 SMPTE:
|2 = at 24 Hz, 3 = at 25 Hz, 5 = at 30 Hz, 6 = at|
|50 Hz, 7 = at 59.94 Hz, 8 = 60 Hz|
|HDMI IN/OUT: Fully supports audio formats in HDMI 2.0 specification, including PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTSHD Master Audio and DTS:X
S/PDIF OUT: Supports PCM 2.0/5.1, Dolby
digital and DTS up to 5.1 Channel
|Maximum Data Rate||18Gbps|
|Control Method||Front Panel Buttons, RS-232, IR, IP (Telnet,
Unzip folder and open the folder called SmartSetGUI.
Launch the SmartSetGUI.exe file
Click on Language and select English
Close and restart the software for the change to take effect.
Click search and the device will be discovered.
1) Q -What is the Josawa ALF-MUK44N?
A – It is a four HDMI input by four HDMI output cost-conscious matrix switcher.
2) Q – Can I route the audio out?
A – Yes, each HDMI output has a SPDIF audio breakout.
3) Q – How is the unit controlled?
A – Via the front panel buttons, the IR remote, RS232 and IP Control.
4) Q – Does the unit support 4K down scaling?
A – Yes, It can downscale 4K@60Hz to 1080P@60Hz. Works automatically when connected to a 1080P display.
5) Q – Does this unit have CEC built-in?
A – Yes, CEC needs to be activated via the Web GUI.